Benefits of Participating in the Section 8 Housing Program
The Jefferson Parish Housing Authority’s (JPHA) Housing Choice Voucher program can offer landlords and property owners regular rental income, and more than 1,000 property owners currently participate. Tenants in the program pay a portion of the rent and JPHA pays the rest, reliably and on time. Landlords and property managers appreciate the following advantages of the Housing Choice Voucher program:
- A contracted monthly assistance payment that is on time and guaranteed.
- Stable rent, even if a tenant’s income drops, because the Housing Authority’s portion can be increased.
- Minimal paperwork and the freedom for landlords and management to use their own leases.
- Inspections from the Housing Program help property owners maintain their property, which helps ensure its resale value and also makes it easier to lease up again when a tenant vacates.
- The Housing Choice Voucher program provides an additional avenue for locating tenants to fill vacant units.
If you have vacant units that you would be willing to rent under the Section 8 program, please notify us at 504-366-7342. You may also add your rental units using this form.
Tenancy Addendum Section 8 (to be attached to Tenant Lease)
For the latest information for Landlords, click here .
To see Frequently Asked Questions by Section 8 Landlords, click here .